besides staying alive after a dive, you should do these...
1. do not haggle the diving price. many SCUBA instructors earn "peanut" already for the so-called dream job. do not cause them to earn half a peanut.
2. check your gear/equipment and know how to done it properly. besides not killing somebody with your incompetency, you are responsible for your own safety.
3. ask your instructors (inviting them over for a drink or something), observe other divers, GOOGLE and learn something new. never stop learning.
4. dive more, practice makes you better, not perfect. no such thing as perfect.
5. plan the dive, visualize your plan, dive the plan.
6. share the amazing experience of SCUBA diving with your friends, pets, family...
7. follow boat rules, listen to your instructor/dive guide. it's there for some reasons. it makes everybody's life happy.
8. alcohol/drugs and SCUBA diving are not friends. do not mix them.
9. it's a physical sport. you don't need to be an Olympian. just fit enough.
10. keep reading my blog.
Photo below : me...conducting a course in Indonesia.